Eyes are inarguably one of the most valuable gifts of nature. They bless us with the appreciable gift of sight that enables us to see the beautiful marvels of this world. But if you’re one of those careless individuals who didn’t appreciate this gift while they still had it then currently you must be bearing the burden of glasses or contact lenses over your beautiful eyes.
If you’re tired of wearing glasses and are exhausted with the hassle of taking your specs and contacts everywhere you go then we have some news for you – You can now have your vision restored and break-free from your glasses with the help of a simple laser surgery known as Lasik. Through this surgery patients can have their vision restored to such degrees that they may not be required to seek assistance from any sort of corrective eyewear at all!
Lasik Surgery at Ebsaar Eye clinic has a phenomenal success rate and it’s simple, minimally invasive approach that makes use of a laser serves to make the procedure all the more attractive.
The Lasik Procedure
Lasik is a type of refractive surgery that makes use of an excimer laser. In the procedure, the surgeon makes a flap in the cornea of the eye and then uses the laser to reshape the position of the cornea and to correct the refractive eye problems in the eye.
Ideal candidates for the Lasik eye surgery procedure should be patients that suffer from a moderate degree of refractive error that has caused any one of the following problems:
- Nearsightedness (Myopia) – A condition in which objects lying far away appear blurry
- Farsightedness (Hyperopia) – A condition in which objects lying nearby appear blurry
- Astigmatisms – A condition causing overall blurry vision in patients
To determine whether you are a candidate for Lasik surgery your eye specialist will closely examine your eyes.
Advantages of Lasik Treatment
This surgery is a very promising solution:
- High success rates with vision is corrected in most cases
- Patients suffer from very little pain
- The surgery provides immediate results. Patients can enjoy their restored vision almost immediately after the surgery
- The recovery period is very short with no unpleasant bandages and stitches to look back on
- After Lasik eye surgery you may no longer have to wear your glasses at all!
What to Expect Post Surgery?
The healing phase post the treatment is very quick in Lasik and patients may be able to experience their improved vision within the next few days. Initially, a little haziness and blurriness is common. Try to give your eyes time to adjust and you will see a noticeable difference in them.
Your doctor will also prescribe you eye drops post the surgery to prevent infections and to make sure that your eyes stay moist. Visit your eye surgeon timely according to the follow-up schedule that he will give you and try to take things slow for the first few days to give your eyes ample time to heal.